Emma accepts instructions in a broad range of civil work. She regularly represents local authorities and private clients in a variety of applications, hearings and trials in the civil courts.
Examples of her work include:
- Representing local residents in a claim in the Chancery Division concerning the legal status of allotment land in Surrey.
- Representing a local authority in an ongoing race discrimination claim in connection with the provision of parking services.
- Successfully defending a claim for damages for unlawful interference with goods on behalf of a local authority and succeeding on the related counterclaim.
- Drafting a claim for unjust enrichment in respect of a payment made by mistake.
- Representing the owner of car showroom and workshop premises in a claim for a new business tenancy.
- Advising on contractual disputes on various issues (e.g. closure of a bank account; repayment of funding for an educational course).
- Appearing in the winding-up court on behalf of petitioning creditors.