He is recognised as a leading junior in local government law.
Experienced in dealing with general regulatory issues and criminal proceedings within the spheres of planning, health and safety, employment, highways and housing.
Examples of work include:
- DVT cases in the House of Lords.
- VWF cases for the miners.
- Asbestos claims and advising on implementation of the asbestos regulations.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning.
- The liability of a landlord to guard against legionella.
- Defending health and safety fatal accident claims.
- Adaption of commercial properties to comply with health and safety regulations.
- Food safety prosecutions involving a major supermarket.
- Defending a registered social landlord from an “unfit housing” prosecution.
- Regulatory issues raised by or in relation to the DDA 1995 etc.
- Prosecutions for breaches of the Building Acts.