"has a good spread of juniors, senior juniors and silks who are all competent, knowledgeable and know their client base."
"conscious effort to appeal to a broader base" "it looks to be paying off, and it is definitely one to watch."
"extremely professional and reliable"
(Chambers and Partners 2013)
Who we are
- We have had a distinguished history as a specialist planning set and are recognised as one of the foremost Planning sets in the UK. We have 45 specialists in this area, many of whom are ranked as leaders in the planning and environmental field by the Legal Guides."Cornerstone Barristers is highly specialised and has a great deal of depth, such that if the first choice of counsel is unavailable there is always an excellent substitute." (Chambers and Partners 2013)
What we do
- Our team are continually involved with a wide range of high-profile major infrastructure or other nationally important projects. Our team has a breadth of experience and quality at all levels enabling it to deal with the full range of planning law issues arising in England and Wales.
- Our expertise in the related areas of property, public and environmental law, compulsory purchase and compensation, minerals and waste, rights of way, highways, village greens and commons to name just a few, allows us to provide integrated advocacy and advice in all cases. We pride ourselves on a comprehensive and commercial approach.
- Our team appears in hearings, inquiries and courts all over the UK and has built a strong profile in Wales (with a Cardiff office). It numbers many recognized High Court specialists but can also provide advocacy in the Crown and Magistrates’ Courts.
- Our team members act for private developers, infrastructure providers, over 300 local authorities and public agencies as well as landowners. We can assist in the preparation of planning applications and supporting information and in the promotion of schemes on appeal whether by providing advocacy services at inquiries or hearings or advising on the content of hearing statements. The team also remains heavily involved in Local Plan preparation advising on the full range of statutory compliance and soundness issues as well as appearing at independent examinations. The team has particular experise in appraising the adequacy of Environmental Assessments, Strategic Environmental Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessments.