Alex's publications prior to coming to the Bar include:
1st February 2018
• 'Judicial Review and Monopoly Power: Some Sceptical Thoughts' (2017) 133 Law Quarterly Review 656-682.
• 'Public Authorities and the HRA 1998: Recent Trends'  Judicial Review 247-262.
• 'Public Functions and Amenability: Recent Trends'  Judicial Review 15-26.
• 'The British Bill of Rights Debate: Lessons from Australia'  Public Law 471-490 (with George Williams).
• Text, Cases and Materials on Public Law and Human Rights (4th ed, Routledge, 2016) (with Helen Fenwick and Gavin Phillipson).
• 'Strasbourg's Public-Private Divide and the British Bill of Rights'  European Human Rights Law Review 617-630.
• 'Public and Private: Neither Deep Nor Meaningful?', in Kit Barker and Darryn Jensen (eds), Private Law: Key Encounters with Public Law (Cambridge University Press, 2013) 45-88 (with William Lucy).
• 'Horizontal Effect and the Constitutional Constraint' (2011) 74(6) Modern Law Review 878-910 (with Gavin Phillipson).
• 'A Fresh Perspective on Hybrid Public Authorities under the Human Rights Act: Private Contractors, Rights-Stripping and "Chameleonic" Horizontal Effect'  Public Law 139-163.
• 'What is a Public Authority?', in David Hoffman (ed.), The Impact of the UK Human Rights Act on Private Law (Cambridge University Press, 2011) 48-65.
• 'Devolution', in Helen Fenwick and Gavin Phillipson, Text, Cases and Materials on Public Law and Human Rights (3rd edn, Routledge, 2010) 232-294 (with Gavin Phillipson).
• 'YL v Birmingham City Council: Contracting out and "functions of a public nature"'  European Human Rights Law Review 524-531.