Following on from the introduction to elements of local plans webinar, the Cornerstone planning team will host a series of webinars drilling down into many of the key elements of the local planning process.
The third of the series will be on Green Belt release.
The webinar will discuss:
- The transitional and new approaches in the NPPF to release of sites for development
- Key recent caselaw including Compton, Samuel Smith and the Leeds cases
- The implications of continuing prevailing policy in the context of a housing shortage
The webinar will seek to identify new directions in policy, including the need to revise both Green Belt boundaries and the basis for continued inclusion in the Green Belt as well as the thorny question whether current Green Belt policy is causing harm to our countryside as well as the ability to meet existing and future needs on sustainable sites.
Other webinars on the series include:
1. SEA/SA and Spatial Strategies - 9 July - James Findlay QC, Rob Williams, Emma Dring - BOOK HERE
2. Joint planning across authority lines - 16 July – Michael Bedford QC, Dr Ashley Bowes - BOOK HERE
3. Viability and funding infrastructure, including in relation to Garden Communities – 30 July – Michael Bedford QC, Wayne Beglan, Clare Parry - BOOK HERE
The webinar is free of charge, however registration is required. Please click on the Book Your Place button on this page to register on Zoom.
Please note that registrations close on 23 July at 10:30.
Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email within a few hours with the link to join the webinar on the day. Check your junk folder in case you haven't received it.
Please note that you have to log-in to the webinar with the same email address you have used for the registration.
You need a Zoom account to register to the webinar, so sign up to Zoom if you haven't done it yet.
If you have any issues, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7421 1993.