The Supreme Court has now handed down judgment in Croydon LBC v Kalonga  UKSC 7, answering a number of the questions raised by the High Court and Court of Appeal:
- Can a fixed-term secure tenancy be determined prior to its natural expiry date?
- When is it subject to termination by the landlord?
- Can it be determined by possession order?
- Is it necessary to have a forfeiture clause?
- What does a forfeiture clause look like in a tenancy granted by a local housing authority?
- How does the law of forfeiture apply, and what does it mean?
- What is the effect of a break clause?
Kelvin Rutledge QC and Riccardo Calzavara, who appeared for Croydon LBC, consider each of these questions in this one hour webinar.
SLIDES - Click here to download a copy of the slides used in this webinar