Planning Week 2020 – 2nd – 6th November
This year, instead of our traditional planning day, Cornerstone Planning Team will be hosting an online series of free webinars.
In addition to the live webinars, we have also released an exclusive recorded interview with renowned environmental lawyer Richard Buxton, of Richard Buxton Solicitors:
Planning and Climate Change: Through the Lens of a Life Fighting for the Environment
What was it about using the law to protect the environment that enticed Richard Buxton away from a career in international shipping, on secondment in Tokyo, to a masters degree in environmental science and policy at Yale and then on to 30 years working with a small team, fighting for communities and individuals to advance environmental causes? Find out, as Estelle Dehon talks to Richard about his life in the law.
The interview is available on the link below
PROGRAMME AND BOOKING LINKS
- Monday 2nd – 10am – Keynote released – Planning and Climate Change: Through the Lens of a Life Fighting for the Environment – Interview with Richard Buxton
- Tuesday 3rd – 10am – Case Law Update – Part 1 Speakers: Ryan Kohli, Emma Dring, John Fitzsimons; Introduction: Josef Cannon – click HERE for webinar materials
- Tuesday 3rd – 2pm – Is Net Zero still cool? Speakers: Michael Bedford QC, Estelle Dehon – click HERE for webinar materials
- Wednesday 4th – 2pm – Panel discussion on regeneration. Guest speaker: Jeremy Potter, Spatial Planning Manager, Chelmsford City Council. Panellists: James Findlay QC and Clare Parry. Moderator: Josef Cannon
- Thursday 5th – 10am – Case Law Update – Part 2. Speakers: Robin Green, Emmaline Lambert, Ben Du Feu – click HERE for webinar materials
- Friday 6th – 10am – Plan-making in a changing climate. Speakers: Wayne Beglan, Rob Williams – click HERE for webinar materials
- Friday 6th – 2pm – Remote events: where are we now? Speakers: Dr Ashley Bowes, Ruchi Parekh – click HERE for webinar materials
Each webinar will be followed by a Q&A session where you will have the opportunity to ask questions and share your experience with our team of barristers.
For any queries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cornerstone Planning Team