Planning Week 2020 Keynote: Planning and Climate Change: Through the Lens of a Life Fighting for the Environment – Interview with Richard Buxton
Planning Week 2020 – Keynote
Planning and Climate Change: Through the Lens of a Life Fighting for the Environment
What was it about using the law to protect the environment that enticed Richard Buxton away from a career in international shipping, on secondment in Tokyo, to a masters degree in environmental science and policy at Yale and then on to 30 years working with a small team, fighting for communities and individuals to advance environmental causes? Find out, as Estelle Dehon talks to Richard about his life in the law.
PLANNING WEEK 2020 PROGRAMME AND BOOKING LINKS
- Monday 2nd – Keynote released – Planning and Climate Change: Through the Lens of a Life Fighting for the Environment – Interview with Richard Buxton
- Tuesday 3rd – 10am – Case Law Update – Part 1 Speakers: Ryan Kohli, Emma Dring, John Fitzsimons; Introduction: Josef Cannon
- Tuesday 3rd – 2pm – Is Net Zero still cool? Speakers: Michael Bedford QC, Estelle Dehon
- Wednesday 4th – 2pm – Panel discussion on regeneration. Guest speaker: Jeremy Potter, Spatial Planning Manager, Chelmsford City Council. Panellists: James Findlay QC and Clare Parry. Moderator: Josef Cannon
- Thursday 5th – 10am – Case Law Update – Part 2. Speakers: Robin Green, Emmaline Lambert, Ben Du Feu
- Friday 6th – 10am – Plan-making in a changing climate. Speakers: Wayne Beglan, Rob Williams
- Friday 6th – 2pm – Remote events: where are we now? Speakers: Dr Ashley Bowes, Ruchi Parekh
Each webinar will be followed by a Q&A session where you will have the opportunity to ask questions and share your experience with our team of barristers.
For any queries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.