Zoom webinar: Who will rid me of these troublesome data protection claims? A guide to defending data protection litigation
SpeakersMatt Lewin, John Fitzsimons, Dr Christina Lienen
An email sent to the wrong recipient. A laptop stolen from a car.
Mistakes happen – but should controllers be required to routinely pay thousands of pounds in damages and even more in legal costs for low-level personal data breaches?
In this 1 hour webinar, some members of the Cornerstone Barristers’ Information Law team discussed the growth area of data protection litigation and key lessons for defending these claims in light of a number of important High Court decisions in 2021.
- How do we minimise the costs of defending data protection claims?
- How much compensation should we pay for a personal data breach?
- What other factors are important when considering settling a claim?
- When is a personal data breach trivial or de minimis?
- Where should data protection claims be heard?
- What track should data protection claims be assigned to?
The webinar addressed these and other questions in a practical and straightforward way to give you the understanding and tools needed to respond to trivial and/or seemingly opportunistic data protection claims.
SLIDES – Click here to download a copy of the slides used in this webinar