Cornerstone Barristers is an established leading set of chambers, having been in practice for over 125 years. Chambers has 59 members, including 12 silks, who are well known for their work in planning, property, public law, local government, housing, community care, licensing, regulatory law and commercial matters advising private and public sector clients.
Our friendly team of staff and dedicated to providing high standards of service for clients and members.
We are appointing a Front of House Receptionist, who will play a vital role in welcoming our visitors and providing the highest levels of administrative support to our barristers and staff team.
This is a full time, office based position.
Reports to: Chambers Administrator
- Welcome visitors, record attendance and notify the relevant person of their arrival.
- Answer the telephone and direct callers appropriately or take and relay messages.
- Review voicemail and respond and/or pass on messages appropriately.
- Take bookings for conference rooms, allocate and ensure they are set up appropriately.
- Respond to queries from members of the public, couriers and clients.
- Ensure all public areas are well presented, clean, and tidy.
- Serve refreshments to visitors (including arranging and preparing lunch where required).
- Ensure all kitchen areas are clean, tidy and stocked with sufficient supplies.
- Ensure IT facilities are correctly set up each day.
- Arrange couriers and transport when required.
- Unlock reception each day and arrange for reception to be locked and alarmed at the end of each day.
- Providing the Chambers Administrator with support on H&S and facilities matters.
- Respond to building maintenance issues and emergencies, scoring quotations, organising the relevant trades to attend and escalating any matter with a cost of more than £200 to the Chambers Administrator or in his/her absence the CEO
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies; toilet rolls/ cleaning products/ kitchen roll/ tea, coffee etc.
- Maintain CPD records for barristers and issue reminders
- Provide admin support with on-boarding new members, pupils and staff.
- Add remittance advices onto LEX.
- Assist with collating purchase orders.
- Record remittance advices, daily processing BACS and correctly allocating payments to LEX.
- Provide assistance in chasing aged debt.
- Ensure rooms are laid out as required and refreshments are ordered / prepared
- Provide administrative support for internal and marketing events.
- Greet delegates on the day.
- Provide admin support to the marketing team.
- Assist with the administration of the mini-pupillage scheme.
- Provide administrative support with pupillage applications and interviews.
As this is a small business, the post-holder will be expected to demonstrate a high level of flexibility and be prepared to ‘roll sleeves up’ and contribute outside of their job remit from time to time.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience
- Telephone experience
- Educated to at least A level
- Good GCSE English grade
Desired academic, professional qualifications and experience
• Front of house experience
• Experience in managing small projects
• Personable and friendly.
• Excellent standard of spoken and written English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Smart appearance.
• Eye for detail
• Ability to use common software programmes, e.g. Microsoft word and Excel
• Organisational skills
Equality & Diversity Statement
Cornerstone Barristers are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity amongst its staff and members. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from women, people of minority ethnic origin, people with disabilities and LGBT+ candidates, as well as candidates from other groups which are underrepresented in the legal sector.
Application closing date 10am – Friday 19th November 2021
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to the CEO, Clare Bello, at email@example.com. Please ensure your covering letter details your suitable experience, current remuneration package and possible start date.
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 (depending on experience)