01 Jan 2018
- Planning appeal for Newport City Council: outline application seeking redevelopment of 20ha of land formerly (and comprising some) railway land for residential use. Inquiry 2010. To be determined by Welsh Ministers.
- Enforcement appeal for Oxfordshire County Council: the restoration of a clay extraction void. The main issue was the presence of waste unlawfully retained (in breach of enforcement notices and an injunction) over a site within which the clay extraction had taken place. Appeal dismissed 6/1/2010.
- Enforcement appeal for Newport City Council: the use of Upfield Farm as an aerodrome. Issues included noise, impact on the conservation objectives of the SPA, lawful use rights. Appeal dismissed 19/11/2009.
- Planning appeal for Notting Hill Home Ownership instructed by Metropolis Planning and Design: apartments within a conservation area adjacent to a canal in Ealing. Appeal successful on issues of policy interpretation but dismissed on design grounds 29/09/2009. Partial costs award in favour of the Appellant.
- For Brighton and Hove City Council: enforcement appeal concerning the use of retail premises in St James St Brighton by Starbucks for an A1/A3 mixed use. Appeal upheld and planning permission granted despite breach of Development Plan policy 30/6/2009.
- For South Norfolk District Council: planning appeal for development of a substantial Greenfield site outside Wymondham within land subject to a local gap policy. Housing land supply a significant issue. Secretary of State decision. Appeal granted 11th November 2009. Click here for full text of the decision
- Planning appeal for Bellway Homes: residential development on a greenfield site on the edge of Burton Latimer, Kettering. Housing land supply was the main issue. Appeal granted 11th August 2008. Click here for full text of the decision
- Enforcement notice appeal: the use of agricultural land for motocross and related activities. For local planning authority. Appeal dismissed with costs of the ground A appeal awarded to the Council 14/5/2008. Click here for full text of the decision
- Development of a paddock in Newmarket for retirement housing by English Courtyard Developments. For adjoining owners/developers objecting. Appeal dismissed 10/4/2008. Click here for full text of the decision
- CPO for development of Waveney Campus: new offices and laboratories for CEFAS and two local authorities. For acquiring authority. Order confirmed ahead of the grant of planning permission. Click here for full text of the decision
- Redevelopment of a site identified for town centre expansion for a McCarthy and Stone apartment building in Sudbury, Suffolk. For local planning authority. For local planning authority. Appeal dismissed 8/11/2007.
- The redevelopment of three houses to provide flats in three blocks in Lightwater, Surrey. For local planning authority. Appeal dismissed 10/09/2007. Click here for full text of the decision
- The redevelopment of a strategic employment site on the edge of the canal in Ealing. Housing land supply and green corridor issues. For local planning authority. Appeal dismissed.
- The redevelopment of the former South Bank University building on Wandsworth Road London for a mix of uses including retail and residential. For developer. Permission granted.
- The redevelopment of land cleared for the expansion of the A40 trunk road for the provision of a bus depot.
- Large scale log cabin development in the Suffolk countryside.