We are delighted to announce the arrival of Martin Edwards, a Planning and Environmental specialist who joins us from Thirty Nine Essex Street.
Martin provides advocacy, strategic, tactical and legal advice to various business sectors including retail (town centre and out of town), leisure, residential, telecommunications, infrastructure, industrial/employment. His practice areas include:
• Section 78 appeals, call-in and enforcement notice inquiries and hearings
• Development plan examinations
• Lawful development certificate applications and appeals
• Town and village greens
• Utilities and Infrastructure
• Compulsory purchase orders and compensation claims
• Listed buildings and conservation areas
• Judicial review and statutory challenges
• Parliamentary proceedings and public affairs
• Footpath inquiries
• Non-domestic rating
He has regularly featured in the lists of highly rated planning and environmental lawyers (Legal 500, Legal Experts, Chambers & Partners) and is ranked in the Top 20 planning counsel in Planning magazine. Apart from being a busy practitioner, Martin is one of the most prolific authors on planning and environmental law with hundreds of published articles and books to his name.
Chief Executive Warren Foot says "Martin is an excellent practitioner with vast experience both as a planning solicitor and a barrister. We are really pleased to be joined by someone of his profile in the planning world."