Birmingham Private Planning Seminar
SpeakersMartin Edwards, Rob William and Ashley Bowes
VenueRegus Birmingham - 43 Temple Row, Birmingham, B2 5LS
Autumn approaches. After the tumultuous events of this year it is time to take stock and to examine what the future may have in store for the planning system and developers in an era of historically low interest rates and the uncertainty surrounding Brexit. Since our last seminar we have already seen a change at the very top of government as Theresa May, the new Prime Minister, swiftly despatched many of those who had been at the heart of government since the formation of the Coalition government in 2010.
This seminar will cover:
- Housing and Planning Act 2016 – where are we now?
- What further legislative changes lie ahead?
- NPPF revision – what changes are likely and when
- Local plans, OAN and housing numbers after the Local Plans Expert Panel review
- Housing land policies – the possible implications of the decision by the Supreme Court to grant permission to appeal in the Suffolk Coastal/Cheshire East and the meaning of “relevant policies for the supply of housing”
- Is “garden grabbing” back on the agenda following the Court of Appeal’s decision to grant permission to appeal in Dartford Borough Council v SSCLG
- Permission to appeal – are section 288 challenges in the Planning Court becoming more difficult to bring and, if so, how does that affect the way in which applications and appeals are presented.