Cornerstone Barristers ranks as a leading set in multiple practice areas – Legal 500 2024
Cornerstone Barristers continues to be ranked as one of the leading sets at the Bar in the 2024 edition of The Legal 500.
We are thrilled to be recognised again as a Top Tier set for Local Government, Social Housing and Licensing. We also come highly recommended as a Leading set for Planning and Environment.
This impressive achievement is testament to Chambers’ depth and breadth of outstanding work at every level. A total of 47 of our members have been ranked across 14 different practice areas, with a total of 83 individual rankings.
We congratulate all of our barristers who remain ranked. We are particularly proud of the eight members who have been ranked in new categories:
- Alexander Campbell (Local Gov)
- Alex Williams (Rising Star, Planning)
- Catherine Rowlands (Local Government)
- Matt Hutchings KC (Local Government)
- Nina Pindham (Environment)
- Ruchi Parekh (Administrative and Human Rights)
- Sarah Salmon (Administrative and Human Rights)
- Wayne Beglan (Local Government)
As well as four members who have been promoted in at least one of their areas of practice.
- Harriet Townsend (Planning)
- Matt Lewin (Local Gov)
- Wayne Beglan (Planning)
- Ruchi Parekh (Environment and Planning)
We would like to thank our clients and referees for their continued support and feedback. A selection of their comments can be found below.
- ‘The set is a growing force in planning. The turnover is increasing, and barristers are doing very high-profile planning challenges in the courts.’
- The set has really strong senior juniors in the ranks who specialise in planning and environmental work.’
- ‘We have received excellent service from Cornerstone. The clerks are helpful and the set is building a very impressive selection of environmental counsel.’
- ‘Cornerstone Barristers is an outstanding set with great depth of talent.’
- ‘Cornerstone as a whole demonstrates professionalism, expertise, attention to detail and unwavering dedication to its clients.’
- ‘Cornerstone is one of the leading public law and planning sets in the country.’
- ‘The set has really strong senior juniors in the ranks who specialise in planning and environmental work.’
- ‘Cornerstone is a strong set and has real expertise in planning law – I regularly attend their training seminars and have always found them informative, interesting and enjoyable.’