Cornerstone Barristers Housing Day 2022
VenueThe Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, 8 South Square London WC1R 5ET
Fee£110 + VAT
The Cornerstone Housing Team is delighted to invite you to this year’s Housing Day.
The past two editions of Housing Day happened online due to the pandemic.
We are excited to announce that this year the conference will take place in person, on Wednesday 5 October 2022.
Housing Day 2022 will provide you with a thorough analysis of the latest developments in housing law and policy as well as practical advice on a wide range of housing law issues. You will also have the opportunity to meet our clerks and barristers.
Our barristers are involved in the leading cases in this area and are ranked as a top tier set in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 legal directories.
We hope you can join us, and we look forward to seeing you then.
For any queries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
09:30 – 09:45 Registration and refreshments
09:45 – 10:00 Opening address and welcome
10:00 – 10:50 Plenary – A look back at 2021-2022 Speakers: Ranjit Bhose QC, Kuljit Bhogal, Dean Underwood
11:00 – 11:50 Breakout session 1
- Vulnerable tenants and housing-related issues Speaker: Sarah Salmon
- Building safety post-Grenfell Speakers: Ranjit Bhose QC, Olivia Davies
- Domestic abuse and related housing remedies Speakers: Catherine Rowlands, Tara O’Leary
11:50 – 12:10 Refreshments
12:10 – 13:00 Breakout session 2
- Disrepair complaints and the effective response Speaker: Alistair Cantor
- Housing-related judicial review Speakers: Kelvin Rutledge QC, Matthew Feldman
- Effective tenancy fraud investigation Speakers: Andy Lane, Ryan Kohli
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 14:50 Breakout session 3
- Use of the Equality Act 2010 in housing litigation Speakers: Andy Lane, Rowan Clapp
- Recent developments in mandatory, additional and selective licensing Speakers: Dean Underwood, Tara O’Leary
- Use of Community Protection Notices and the community trigger Speaker: Kuljit Bhogal
15:00 – 16:00 Plenary – A look ahead to 2023 Speakers: Kelvin Rutledge QC, Catherine Rowlands, Lindsay Johnson
16:15 Drinks reception